[Insight-developers] nifti-2 and transform io

Johnson, Hans J hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Mon Mar 21 19:28:40 EDT 2011

Brian, Nick, and ITK,

Kent Williams and I have been looking at the HDF5 file format, and it is
looking promising as a way to store heterogenous composed transforms of
various types, along with all the necessary meta-data needed to properly
reconstruct the transform chain.

I wanted to let you know of those efforts as well to see if we can all
share the work load.

The HDF5 format has many independent tools (Matlab, R, standalone tools,
etc...) that can be used to validate or interogate those files during a
debugging session.

Hans