[Insight-developers] ITK tree layout

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Mar 18 13:00:51 EDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 04:50 PM, Brad King wrote:
> On 03/16/2011 04:09 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>> I hate to beat a dead horse, but VTK and ITK are both associated with
>> Kitware and there are many common developers.
>
> This is already on the agenda for Friday's TCON.

After discussion on the TCON we agreed on your proposal.  I've committed
the renames:

commit 4cbfdd5f8d6254f472f72e659ded7b7ff5cc562d
Author: ITK Developers <insight-developers at itk.org>
Date:   Fri Mar 18 11:39:51 2011 -0400

    ENH: Refine modular tree layout

    Since modularization commit 7b16d242 (Transition from monolithic to
    modular ITK, 2011-03-10) the directory structure storing modules is
    independent of the build files and module names.  After some experience
    with the modularized tree layout we have decided to rename the directory
    containing the modules:

      ITK/          -> Modules/
      ITK/Utilities -> Modules/ThirdParty

    Rename the files without modification to preserve enough information for
    "git blame -M" and "git log --follow" to connect moved files to their
    old location and history.

-Brad