[Insight-developers] SimpleITK - now using next branch

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:41:06 EDT 2011

Hi Gabe,

  Can you enlighten me a bit here.  If we don¹t bring changes back into
master, how can I build on what is currently being done in SimpleITK?

Should I do this?

git checkout ­b SIMPLEITK-1-some-work origin/master
git rebase origin/next   # Should I do this? is this bad?
git commit
git commit
git checkout origin/next
git merge ‹no-ff SIMPLEITK-1-some-work

Is this right?  It¹s goes a bit in the face of some of the other guides I¹ve
seen.

http://robertelwell.info/blog/git-svn-wrap-up/

My understanding is that we should create topic branches from ³next², and
merge them back into next.  When we are ready for a ³release², we merge next
into master.

Is this incorrect?

Thanks,
-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925