[Insight-developers] Why MinGW did not work, and the list of supported compilers.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Mar 15 17:17:30 EDT 2011

So, back around January 12th Luis sent out a an email to the list with
the subject line: "ITKv4 : List of Supported Compilers".  It contained a
link to this wiki page:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modern_C%2B%2B

Basically, those were the compilers that we tested the modular ITK
against.  I am not saying that we would have had mingw working if it was
on the list, but we might have.  At a minimum it would have been on the
todo list.

Anyway, the past is the past....

As for the future, lets get the list of compilers updated on that wiki
page, and then make the expected dashboard reflect what is on the wiki
page.

Right now we have these

- GCC 4.x
- Visual Studio 7.1, 8, 9, 10
- Intel Compiler Suite 11.x, 12.x
- clang (work in progress...)

I am guessing we want to add mingw GCC 4.x to that list.  Are there others?

Thanks.

-Bill