[Insight-developers] When will ITK w/Modularization be usable?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 10 16:03:47 EST 2011

On 03/10/2011 03:41 PM, Arnaud GELAS wrote:
> We also use ITK4 to build our application, and (critical) commits have
> been merged this week, after v4.0a05 was tagged. It would be really nice
> if there was an additional tag added just before the modularization.

With Git you don't need tags to name a given version.  This commit is
and always will be the last before modularization:

  e333381e10544708765c8c9cb5098714ebaa7470

You can put that hash anywhere that you would name the tag.

> Would it be possible to create such an additional tag?

I'm not opposed to it.  We've been creating tags occasionally during
the ITKv4 transition.  Perhaps "v4.0a06" could be named as the last
pre-modularization commit?

-Brad K