[Insight-developers] Using Customized ITK Class in Cocoa APP

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 4 12:01:39 EST 2011

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:56:39 +0000, Williams, Norman K said:

>Valgrind is reputed to work on OS X. It doesn't, in my experience,
>actually work on OS X, hence my recommendation.
>
>If it's been changed recently, and isn't useless, let me know and I'll
>give it another try.

Well, I guess we may be getting off-topic for this list, but valgrind
worked pretty well for me on Mac OS X 10.5, though I wasn't trying it
against ITK.  It took a while for them to support 10.6 and 64 bit, but
it seems to work OK now.  I have not used it extensively because I use
garbage collection in Objective-C, and that is not supported.

In any case, guard malloc can catch much of what valgrind does.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com