[Insight-developers] can't push to gerrit

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 16:44:26 EST 2011

Does "git log -1" report the same commit on each branch?

git checkout master
git log -1

git checkout GDCMHiddenFunctionWarnings
git log -1

If you do a "gitk" does "master" and "GDCMHiddenFunctionWarnings" point to
the same commit?

If so, then you're safe.

The "ahead by 1 commit" message means that you have (locally) one more
commit than the branch you're tracking. (master compared to "origin/master",
NOT master compared to your topic branch...)

HTH,
David