[Insight-developers] can't push to gerrit

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 16:16:55 EST 2011

If you are on your master, you can simply do a,

git checkout -b my-topic

That will give you a new topic branch with the commits from your local
master. At some point you will want to reset your local master,
warning - if you don't make a topic branch as described above you
could lose some commits.

git checkout master
git reset --hard origin/master

The wiki page for developers, http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop
will give more details. If you are having trouble with the push then
you can test authentication using the SetupForDevelopment.sh script. A
quick 'ssh -v review.source.kitware.com' would test
authentication/firewall issues - it should print out a message telling
you how to clone if you authenticated.

Hope that helps,

Marcus