[Insight-developers] Adding a new Internal(Bridge) Module

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:13:11 EDT 2011

Folks,

I just went through the process of adding a new Bridge Module:
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/New_Code_Contribution_Process#Bridge_Modules

First, thanks to Brad K for adding the capability to do this.

Whether adding a new module or a new bridge module, it would be great
to have a script (probably python) that would do the following:
  From the new module directory, determine the module dependencies,
libraries and test dependencies. Seems doable. And maybe it already
exists/

To be honest, I looked at my include files (using the unix find
command) to determine the module dependencies. Finding the libraries
was a bit trickier since not all modules produce libraries. For test
dependencies I looked at my test .cxx files and used unix find to
locate dependencies.

But, this could be automated.

Lastly, I am completely sold on Modular ITK and our current processes
for adding new classes:
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/New_Code_Contribution_Process

The conversion to git, gerrit and all of the supporting cmake
procedures will allow ITK to accommodate a variety of additions in the
future.

Bill