[Insight-developers] Tips for faster testing?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jun 15 12:15:02 EDT 2011

Your observation is correct: ctest measures the amount of time the tests
take when it runs, and caches the timing data in a file in the build tree.
Then, to make the best use of the available processors, it runs the tests
"longest running" first, so all of the tests at the end of the run are the
quick running ones, and the finish is very quick compared to the start...

Glad it sped things up for you.

David