[Insight-developers] Module dependcies help

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 09:26:38 EDT 2011

You probably want to identify those "other modules" and investigate whether
there are needs to pull some classes
out from the ITK-RegistrationRefactoring to cut the dependency loop.  Maybe
there is a need to create a new module, or move
some classes around.

The categorization of the classes in modular ITK is far from perfect,  maybe
you have exposed some of the problems.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM, M Stauffer (V) <mstauff at verizon.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with module dependencies. I'm working from the latest
> itk master. We have a module we've created,
> Modules/Registration/Refactoring - ITK-RegistrationRefactoring. It was
> working previously, but the new circular-dependency checks during config
> have exposed my hack.
>
> I have cmake configured to build all modules, and with Review on.
>
> In Modules/Registration/Refactoring/itk-module.cmake, I have these
> dependencies. If not, the compiler cannot find appropriate header files:
>
> itk_module(ITK-RegistrationRefactoring
> DEPENDS
> ITK-RegistrationCommon
> ITK-Optimizers
> ITK-ImageIntensity
> ITK-ImageFunction
> ITK-ImageGrid
> ITK-SpatialObjects
> ITK-Smoothing
> ITK-ImageGradient
> ITK-ImageFeature
> ITK-FiniteDifference
> TEST_DEPENDS
> ITK-TestKernel
> #ITK-Review
> )
>
> But there are other modules that use headers from
> ITK-RegistrationRefatoring, and if I include ITK-RegistrationRefatoring
> as a dependency in them in order to get to the RegistrationRefactoring
> headers, it goes circular.
>
> Any advice? Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124