[Insight-developers] Missing factory build for Visual Studio

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 1 14:01:30 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

"redwall.kitware"  is a decent machine:

              1) Quadcore processor

              2) 64-bits

              3) Intel Xeon 2.66 Ghz

              4) 16 GB RAM

              5) Ok... it runs Windows Vista
                  (...but, hey, nobody is perfect...)

It is the same machine that is posting the builds
on VS8, VS9 for static and shared libs nightly.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&filtercount=2&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=redwall&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=May%2020%202011

It builds ITK from scratch in 33 minutes
and runs all the tests in 11 minutes.

----

I'm sitting beside it,
and I can tell you that the box is not happy at all
of being called "old".

It's fan is rumbling some insults back in binary code...
(that I don't dare to translate in a public mailing list).

---

More seriously,

I have not idea yet why this error appears in the
Gerrit builds, and not in the Nightly builds...
although...
to be fair,
the Nightly ones were not compiling today....