[Insight-developers] Required CMake version for ITKv4

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:28:21 EDT 2011

There are current Dashboard failures related to systems that run parallel
cmake's. It seems that the new data mechanism requires cmake 2.8.5 to work
with parallel builds. On today's t-con, we talked about requiring cmake
2.8.5 for ITKv4. However, until the standard distributions (e.g. debian,
fedora, etc.) have cmake 2.8.5, I think the 2.8.5 will wreak havoc with a
number of builds. Certainly it will affect my ITK WikiExamples, my ITKApps
and my Slicer4/ITKv4 nightly submissions. Since I don't run parallel cmakes
I have no issues. I suggest that the nightly machines that use parallel
builds update to cmake 2.8.5.

Bill