[Insight-developers] PROPOSAL: Change default build type to "Release"

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sun Jul 24 21:54:26 EDT 2011

I agree that changing the default to RelWithDebInfo or Release make sense.

However, please keep in mind that this will only impact the example and tests inside ITK. As ITK is mostly a template library, there is very little pre-compiled image processing library code that will be used in a user's application. So this change will have little impact on the noob who  start building there one app based on an example and doesn't set this CMake variable.

Brad