[Insight-developers] ITK 3 tag to use with slicer? Fwd: Slicer release schedule

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Sun Jul 17 09:44:57 EDT 2011

Hi Hans,

I fully agree this shouldn't be on you.

This is needed for Slicer, so na-mic should do this.  It is for slicer3, so
I am not certain who should do it.  Right now just learning the scope of
work that is needed.

I kind of just expected itk-slicer to become itk3.21 instead of any
cherrypicking.  Seems easiest and will directly accomplish the goals.

On Jul 17, 2011 9:04 AM, "Johnson, Hans J" <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm sorry, but this has grown well beyond what I originally agreed to do.
> I had originally agreed to help get the very simple (and probably very
> safe) 3 line patch set that provided missing standard header definitions
> that were claimed to make ITKv3 build under gcc4.6.
>
> Here is what I have, but it does not compile with gcc4.6 on mac due to an
> unrelated problem:
>
> git fetch origin
> git checkout v3.20.0
> git remote add slicer https://github.com/Slicer/ITK.git
>
> git cherry-pick d2a5e977c67df0849add
>
> git cherry-pick 9208c459776ee7635857
>
> I am sorry that I will not be able to take this any further. There are
> too many items on my ITKv4 list that must be addressed.
>

> Hans
>

> On 7/17/11 7:25 AM, "Stephen Aylward" <stephen.aylward at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi JC,
>>
>>To accomplish the goal of having this ITKv3 release be the release
>>used for Slicer requires your 64-bit modifications to be included
>>(that you discuss below), right?
>>
>>Also, good catch on the IO framework changes. They are backward
>>compatible (i.e., they offer significant IO speedup without breaking
>>the API), and the speedup is also very important to Slicer - these
>>changes should also be included in the release.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>Stephen
>>

>>On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
>><jchris.fillionr at kitware.com> wrote:
>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> If this hasn't been fixed already, would be great to integrate the
>>>following
>>> patches also:
>>>
>>> 1) To compile ITK 3.20 on 64bits windows
>>>
>>> Merge branch 'fix-vnl-64bits-compile' into slicer-4.0
>>>
>>> * fix-vnl-64bits-compile:
>>> Review DETERMINE_TYPE vxl macro
>>> Add VXL_SIZEOF_SIZE_T test
>>> Add VXL_HAS_WIN_WCHAR_T test
>>>
>>> Update VXL_HAS_TYPE_OF_SIZE test
>>>

>>> See
>>>
>>>https://github.com/Slicer/ITK/commit/71e4277a785ae0f14c5c1cd2a8df1a70d99f
>>>1052
>>>

>>> Stephen,
>>>
>>> 2) What should we do regarding the following commits:
>>>
>>> Merge branch 'reader-speedup-reuse-buffer' into HEAD
>>>
>>> See
>>>
>>>https://github.com/Slicer/ITK/commit/5ec3d26e2d5533cb06f7fd0801593e16b77a
>>>2c96
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> Merge branch 'MetaIOUpdate' into slicer-4.0
>>>
>>> See
>>>
>>>https://github.com/Slicer/ITK/commit/9a6954f7a278fc010551980c8413cecb5c48
>>>ea62
>>>

>>> Regarding the MetaUIUpdate, would it be possible to add a flag /
>>>property so
>>> that:
>>> - people using ITK 3.20 could then benefit from your improvement
>>> - backward compatibility is maintained
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jc

> [...]
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then
delete it. Thank you.