[Insight-developers] ITKv4: TIFF 4.0 Update Status

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 13 13:51:34 EDT 2011

The status of the libTIFF 4.0 library has been summarized here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Microscopy/File_Formats#TIFF_4.0

In short:

Our Plan

    * We are trying to update to libTIFF 4.0
    * The current version of TIFF in ITK is: 3.7.2
    * The current Stable release of TIFF is: 3.9.5
    * We made a first cut at updating to libTIFF 4.0 beta 6
          o This is in Gerrit at: http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,76
    * As of July 13 - 2011, the most recent release of libTIFF is
          o libTIFF 4.0 beta 7
          o ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/libtiff/tiff-4.0.0beta7.tar.gz
          o http://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.0.0beta7.tar.gz
          o We will aim to update this library by the ITKv4 Beta release.

The Source

    * http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/
    * ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/libtiff/
    * Master Download Site
          o http://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/

---