[Insight-developers] Dual Purposing ITK External Module

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 6 22:26:12 EDT 2011

On 7/6/2011 11:46 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> Is there any CMake variable I could check in my module CMakeLists.txt
> file to check to see if I am build build as an ITK external module?

JC's suggestion of using ITK_SOURCE_DIR is probably okay.

> Is there any home of the CMake macros for the test directory working
> outside of ITK?

The test directory of a module works like a pseudo-module when
building as part of ITK.  It can also work as part of a build of
the "Testing/TestExternal" directory which builds all the tests
as a single outside project.  It only works out of an ITK source
tree though.

The current modularization infrastructure was not designed with
a dual-purpose module as a goal.

-Brad K