[Insight-developers] Line too long error on mingw

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 10:33:58 EDT 2011

Bill and Brad,

I mentioned to each of you recently that I was still having "Line too
long" errors with mingw. Even after updating to CMake 2.8.4. I finally
had a chance to look at this further.

Back in March, when I first discovered this error, I patched cmake to
use the "@" feature to specify the -I include's that appear in the
CXX_FLAGS. This fixed my problem at the time. After updating to cmake
2.8.4 I still had the problem. So I still use my patched version.

I just configured with cmake 2.8.4 and compared the two flags.make
files. I have attached both here. You will see that the 2.8.4 version
still places the -I flags with the CXX_FLAGS while my patched cmake
uses the "@" command line feature.

Bill