[Insight-developers] How do we make changes for ITKv3.21.0?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 28 17:23:20 EST 2011

On 01/28/2011 03:58 PM, Johnson, Hans J wrote:
> The problem is that I forgot to have them do:  git submodule update —init
>
> This has caused several hours of headaches for me, and frustrated the
> students.
>
> I think that if "BUILD_TESTING=ON" then cmake should make sure that the
> data is there, and if it is not, instruct the builder to issue the "git
> submodule update —init" command.

Commits of interest for current behavior:

http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=a6b9a6d8
http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=03287381

Certainly this message can be changed to an error that provides instructions.
I'll post a change to Gerrit for review.

> How do I push into a tree that will eventually become ITKv3.21.0?

Follow the normal topic development instructions, but at this step:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop#Create_a_Topic

note this advice:

  "If you are fixing a bug in the latest release then substitute
   origin/release for origin/master."

If you have trouble merging the topic please post again.  Otherwise
send email to me after you've merged the topic to master (gerrit-merge)
and I'll update the release branch to point at the fix.

-Brad