[Insight-developers] Data submodule was reverted again ( staging check needed? )

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 26 14:46:06 EST 2011

On 01/26/2011 02:39 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
> Le 26 janv. 11 à 14:29, Brad King a écrit :
>> The build directory sizes don't count.  We're talking about source
>> sizes.
>
> Not sure why you say that. Sources are made to be built so looking at
> the size of the build tree helps to see that the testing data may not
> be much compared to the other important parts for the tests: the
> binaries.

We don't care about local disk space on development machines.

This discussion is about making the main source code easy to share, fork,
fetch, etc. without requiring lots of hosting space.  The free Github accounts
for example have a limit of 300MB.  Git (or any DVCS) in general encourages
lean-and-mean source trees.

-Brad