[Insight-developers] Latest WrapITK merged in ITK

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Jan 25 15:16:09 EST 2011

Brad,

Sorry, I'm not sure how but I managed to miss your mail.

We are recommending the version 1.3.38 or newer, but haven't forced a
minimum version as the required version depends on many things — for
example, the python version used, the integration of the doxygen
documentation in the python one, etc.

At some point, we may have to force a minimum version though, to make
the debugging possible from the report of our users.

About the performance, swig provides a -O options which makes the
generated code a lot faster. From the swig doc and for python:

       -O              - Enable the following optimization options:
                          -modern -fastdispatch -nosafecstrings -
fvirtual -noproxydel
                          -fastproxy -fastinit -fastunpack -fastquery -
modernargs -nobuildnone

I'm not sure which version adds those optimizations.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann