[Insight-developers] Data submodule was reverted again ( staging check needed? )

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Tue Jan 25 13:07:28 EST 2011

Hi,

Zach and Mark have been emailing.   I think "issue" is the right term
for this.   Mark wants to upload some data, and the first email
exchange gave him admin permissions to do the uploads.   The second
email exchange told him that the digital archive standard upon which
MIDAS is based defines that communities can contain communities and
collections, but collections can only contain items, not communities.
He couldn't find a "create community" button within a collection,
because that operation isn't allowed.   Zach emailed him the solution
yesterday.   We haven't heard back.

BUT, that does raise a good point.   I think the upload process for
MIDAS and the Insight Journal (they are the same) should be easier.

Thanks,
Stephen

--