[Insight-developers] Modularization Question

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jan 22 21:39:41 EST 2011

Hi Bill,

Thanks for looking at the modularized version.

When you are configuring the modular version of ITK,
there are no groups defined yet (at the CMake level)
mapping to the groups in the Manifest.txt file.

We brainstormed about this after the tcon, and one
of the options that came up is to introduce CMake
variables per group of modules, that when enabled,
will trigger the activation of the modules in that group.

This is a bit manual (from the point of view of the
ITKv4 developers that will have to organize the
CMakeLists.txt file: (read Xiaoxiao)) but should do
the trick from the point of view of the application
developer who is tailoring a build of ITK.