[Insight-developers] How to generate complex dependencies (CMake)

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:36:13 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a method for nicely integrating the compilation
process some prototype cuda code. We are already using FindCUDA.cmake
developed by James Bigler. The issue I'm trying to solve is how to
derive the correct .cu file from the source c++. At present it is
necessary to know which cuda enabled classes are being used and
explicitly include them as dependencies in the ADD_EXECUTABLE line,
which doesn't fit with the normal ITK way of doing things. Ideally I'd
like to be able to generate these dependencies automatically, possibly
based on a naming convention or some other information that would be
included in the c++ file that references the cuda kernel functions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks