[Insight-developers] ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jan 8 13:27:07 EST 2011

Hi Bill,

Great Idea,

Such patch is already here:

      http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,683

It is only missing to use the ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY flag,
(I was waiting for your merge to go in).

and to rename the symbol:

ITK_SUPPORTS_IMAGES_LARGER_THAN_4GB_IN_WINDOWS_64_BITS

http://review.source.kitware.com/#patch,sidebyside,683,2,CMakeLists.txt

With the more precise:

                  ITK_USE_64BITS_IDS

That Dave proposed in his review.

Since the type adopted in replacement for "unsigned long int"
is "uint64_t" this also addresses the concerns raised by Hans
about uncertainty of the type size, and the concerns raised by
Brad Lowekamp regarding the possibility of addressing large
images in 32-bits systems.

I'm preparing now a third patch for this change.
It should be in Gerrit in a couple of hours.