[Insight-developers] non-cartesian image frames

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 6 11:42:37 EST 2011

Rupert,

There was a discussion thread on the list back in October 2010:
http://www.itk.org/mailman/private/insight-developers/2010-October/thread.html
(I think you need to login with your insight-developers password to
view the archive). There hasn't been much discussion since, and for
now I've decided to handle my use case (non-uniform z-spacing) in a
custom rather than general way. I don't know if anyone is actively
working on support for non-Cartesian frames.

I also started a wiki page discussing a possible refactoring of the
image class hierarchy:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Image_Class_Hierarchy_Refactoring.

Cory

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Rupert Brooks <rupert.brooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I seem to recall a discussion, or at least a commentary on this list
> about the use of non cartesian image frames in ITK.  In particular, I
> am thinking of the polar wedge shaped image layout of certain
> ultrasound B-scans.  Despite my best efforts at searching, i cant find
> the discussion again.
>
> Has this been implemented in ITK, or is anyone working on it?
>
> Cheers
> Rupert
> Rupert Brooks
> rupert.brooks at gmail.com

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Cory Quammen
Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)
Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen