[Insight-developers] Will ITK4 support cygwin?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:25:41 EST 2011

Folks,

We do not have any dashboards for cygwin. Is this a supported platform?

Personally, I use mingw for a gcc compiler on windows. In my opinion,
cygwin is bloated and slow. There are cmake distribution issues with
cygwin (that's a long story with a long email trail on the cmake
mailing list). But, in the past, we had a cygwin nightly.

In Code/* there are 24 instances of #if's that reference cygwin (as a
comparison, there are 19 #if's that reference my old pal Borland).

Bill