[Insight-developers] Check module library dependencies?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 15 16:55:23 EST 2011

Hello,

I am looking into the following linking errors:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1821432
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1820991

Undefined symbols:
  "itk::SmartPointerForwardReference<itk::ProcessObject>::operator->() const", referenced from:
      itk::ImageBase<3u>::UpdateOutputInformation()       in itkNiftiImageIOTestHelper.cxx.o

Undefined symbols:
  "itk::SmartPointerForwardReference<itk::ProcessObject>::operator itk::ProcessObject*() const", referenced from:
      itk::ImageBase<2u>::UpdateOutputInformation()       in itkTransformFactoryBase.cxx.o
      itk::ImageBase<3u>::UpdateOutputInformation()       in itkTransformFactoryBase.cxx.o

This symbol is suppose to be defined in the Common library. How do I check to see if the CMake magic is linking the TransformBase IO and the NIFTI IO libraries against the Core Common library? It is not very easy to know what is occurring with the cmake magic. It has happened before where only a couple of systems complained when all the needed libraries were not linked.

I am looking at the following line:

TransformBase/src/CMakeLists.txt:target_link_libraries(ITKIOTransformBase ${ITKTransform_LIBRARIES})

It's not clear to me if ${ITKTransformBase_LIBRARIES} is suppose to be include there too?

Thanks for the help,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for