[Insight-developers] TIFF Lib updated to 4.0Beta7

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 21 13:51:28 EDT 2011

As the result of the Microscopy Hackathon
that was held at NLM last week:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Microscopy/File_Formats/Hackathon_August_2011

The TIFF 4.0B7 patch was merged yesterday.

    http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2510

This version of TIFF supports BIGTIFF, and
therefore can manage images larger than 4Gb.

The Dashboard seems to be happy
with the commit, except for:

LSM test seg faulting in one Fedora 12 machine:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=110655389&build=1450774

and an Ubuntu machine (this is one of my desktops)
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=110712394&build=1451344

We will track this problem in the following days.

-----

Additionally,
Two patches have been pushed to Gerrit:

One for restoring the Multi-Gigabyte tests of Metaimages
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2528
(that were disabled since the modularization)

and another for adding Multi-Gigabyte tests of TIFF images
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2529

With these two patches we should be able to
Nightly verify that support for +4Gb images is
functional (with MetaImage and TIFF).

Many thanks to all who helped
to make this happen:

     Brad L., Arnaud, Matt, Andinet, ,
     Curtis Lisle, Kishore and Hans.

---

Arnaud must still explain to us
how is that he managed to get
Experimental builds of the patches,
and make review comments for them,
before our local builds were finished...     :-)

----