[Insight-developers] Consistency in the output of forward/inverse FFT image filters

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Aug 19 12:00:58 EDT 2011

Gaetan,

Do you have any ideas for neat tricks to figure out what the full
dimension of the transformed image should be given the half image? The
problem is that an image with size n (n even) yields a half image that
is the same size as the half image produced for an image with size
n+1.

Currently, the FFT filters have a flag ActualXDimensionIsOdd that is
used to resolve this ambiguity. It would be fantastic if users didn't
have to set this to get the correct behavior. I haven't yet thought of
a way to figure out the full image size automatically, and Googling
hasn't revealed anything.

Thanks,
Cory