[Insight-developers] Consistency in the output of forward/inverse FFT image filters

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:47:04 EDT 2011

On 08/18/2011 03:14 PM, Cory Quammen wrote:

> To make the FFT filters' behaviors consistent regardless of whether
> FFTW is enabled,

After my recent use of the FFT filters the things I see are :

1.   I can extract some mad sarcomeres from these lsms.

2.    If I walk into my boss's office with a frequency domain
image that hasn't been shifted to put low frequency components in
the center of the image I might as well walk right back out again.

3.   to do anything useful with the frequency domain image I need
to apply an asymmetrical mask.

So if there is going to be work done on the FFT filters I would
like to make sure that shifting, and masking work. I'd be willing
to work on the test or at least example code.