[Insight-developers] Another failed to merge scenario

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:18:55 EDT 2011

I push a topic to gerrit on my upstairs laptop. Kent approved it.

Now I'm in my basement.

git gerrit-merge
gerrit-merge failure
--------------------

Patch not found on Gerrit.

Have you pushed your patch to Gerrit for review (git gerrit-push)?

First, the error message is incorrect. The topic does exist on gerrit.
Second, I did push my patch to gerrit (on another one of my machines).

I have two choices now:
1) Make a bogus change to the commit message and push to gerrit. Then I can
merge. This will also force another set of robot builds.
2) Create my own alias' that use the old workflow.

I think we should discuss this change in workflow on Friday's t-con.

Bill