[Insight-developers] Clang Status Analysis Results

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Aug 12 11:01:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:40:04 +0000, Williams, Norman K said:

>All the problems reported by CLang's static analysis are actually in the
>3rd party libraries.

That's improbable. :(

>You can see the page scan-build makes during an instrumented build here:
>http://testing.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/Clang-Static-Test/

And now I know why... you are using checker-257, which predates it's C++ support.  As I said previously, C++ support was only _very_ recently added. :(

In terms of using clang to catch low hanging fruit, I think the best bet currently is the -fcatch-undefined-behavior and -ftrapv flags I mentioned in my other post yesterday.

Still, I encourage everyone to look at the results you posted, as they show the great kind of reasoning clang's static analyzer can do.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com