[Insight-developers] gcc compilation flag conflict when profiling with gprof

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 5 15:42:02 EDT 2011

On 8/5/2011 1:59 PM, gang song wrote:
> Sorry for replying late. Yes, I want to profile ITK, not HDF5.
>
> To keep best effort in tracking HDF5 release, I wonder if there is a
> good way to script CMakeLists.txt, to find if "-pg" is turned on in
> the active compiling/linking flags? It would be great if you could
> point me to some references.

There are several places the flag could appear.  I do not think it is
possible to detect it reliably.  Furthermore in order to be of value
in simplifying tracking upstream we would need to convince the upstream
developers to include the change.

Our procedure for tracking the upstream hdf5 is solid enough that this
one line change will not be problematic.  Please create a topic that
makes the change and push it to Gerrit for review.

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop

Thanks,
-Brad