[Insight-developers] ITK to VNL to ITK

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:40:11 EDT 2011

Dirk,

I think they would go in the Bridge group. Here we have some vtk/itk import
export stuff (which has no dependencies on vtk) and VtkGlue which does have
dependencies on VTK.

I believe the vxl image code is not in vnl but maybe vil? If so, that would
mean they should go in Modules/Bridge. They might be called vilGlue, or
vilITK or vil, or ... Since they would depend on vil headers which are not
shipped with ITK, then the itk-module.cmake file would have the
EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL keyword (see for example the one in VtkGlue).

The Video folks might be providing some glue classes when they merge their
work. I assume part of what they contribute will go into a Bridge module.

Bill