[Insight-developers] Module include directories and IDE

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Tue Apr 26 11:56:29 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 16:54, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 10:43 AM, Tom Vercauteren wrote:
>> Looks nice! I haven't tested it but it seems that this will not work
>> with qtcreator or anything similar on linux, right? Is it necessary to
>> filter on the cmake generator as is done with
>>   if("${CMAKE_GENERATOR}" MATCHES "Xcode|Visual Studio")
>> ?
>
> It creates unnecessary overhead on Makefile generators.

Thanks for the explanation Brad. This makes sense now.

>  Perhaps you
> can suggest a condition that involves CMAKE_EXTRA_GENERATOR?

I wasn't even aware of this variable. I now see it on the documentation:
  http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#variable:CMAKE_EXTRA_GENERATOR

Looking at my CMakeCache.txt (built with qtcreator) I see:
  CMAKE_EXTRA_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=CodeBlocks

We could thus use something like:
  if( ("${CMAKE_GENERATOR}" MATCHES "Xcode|Visual Studio") OR
      ("${CMAKE_EXTRA_GENERATOR}" MATCHES "CodeBlocks") )

Since I have never used Eclipse or KDevelop, I wouldn't now if it is
worth adding the corresponding checks.

Tom