[Insight-developers] Proposal to change file naming conventions

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Apr 21 03:58:36 EDT 2011

Le 20 avr. 11 à 23:26, Brad King a écrit :

> A few are actually cross-txx inclusions in FFT which should be
> investigated and cleaned up first.

This is because of the complex construct to make the New() method in
the base classes return an instance of the Vnl or of the FFTW
implementation, depending on what is available.
This should be implemented with factories - that would also help to
isolate the FFTW code in a separate lib.

But I still can't see how we can guarantee that the FFTW version (and
not the vnl version) will be used  if the FFTW version is available.
Should we use CreateAllInstance() and use the GetNameOfClass() method
to choose the one we prefer?
How do we register the factories for the vnl and the FFTW
implementations?

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann