[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Install path

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 20 15:36:19 EDT 2011

On 04/20/2011 03:22 PM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> So the ITKConfig.cmake in now in prefix/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0 when installed
>
> I am using cmake 2.8.3. So for ITK_DIR I need to specify that whole
> thing!  That is not very intuitive and involved me using a find command
> to locate the new location of the needed file.
>
> Is there an additional feature that is planned to make this easier? This
> does not seems to make sense before it was just prefix/lib/InsightTollkit

You have a few options:

  - Use CMake 2.8.4
  - Copy FindITK.cmake from CMake 2.8.4 into your project
  - Use "find_package(ITK NO_MODULE)" to skip FindITK altogether

The last one is probably the best if you are not willing to require 2.8.4.
The FindITK module is now a historical remnant in CMake.

-Brad K