[Insight-developers] ThirdParty warning suppressions, an experiment

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:52:46 EDT 2011

I have submitted the gerrit patch:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1407
I plan to merge it tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the commit message:
COMP: Suppress ThirdParty warnings

The majority of warnings on the itk dashboard come from third party
packages. This patch supresses all third party warnings

These warnings are interfering with the ITK development process. Most
of these warnings have been present since the start of the ITK4
development and some third party developers show little interest in
removing them.

The purpose of this experiment is to clean up the ITK warnings.

Each third party package has a suppression. After establishing a
baseline, we will remove the suppressions one at a time to see what
warnings are introduced, If any warnings are introduced by a package
we will wait for a couple of days to fix them. Once the warnings for a
package are resolved, we will not suppress warnings for that package.

Here is a list of the third party packages with their status
(suppressed or clean).
DICOMParser suppressed
Expat suppressed
GDCM suppressed