[Insight-developers] Modifying MaskImageFilter to work on VectorImage

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:50:31 EDT 2011

We have been having some discussion on the best way to allow MaskImageFilter
to work on VectorImage (with pixels of type VariableLengthVector) . The
problem is that the length of a VariableLengthVector is not defined at
compile time. This means that in the MaskInput functor, the
member m_OutsideValue cannot be initialized.

Brad has identified two problems,

1) How do we initialized the member variable in the functor?

This seems to be the main issue I'm not sure how to address.

2) When do we detect the size of the vector image, and use reasonable
defaults?

We think this could be done in BeforeThreadedGenerateData.

The complete conversation is here:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1338

Any thoughts are welcome!
<http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1338>