[Insight-developers] ITK module group "dependencies" (was: FEM framework and Testing/Data)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 7 09:59:09 EDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 09:36 AM, Magnotta, Vincent A wrote:
> I would expect that Core would have no dependencies outside of this
> module. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Core is not a module.  It is a directory that holds other modules.
The grouping is just there to help developers locate modules.  This is
orthogonal to the dependencies.  The ITK-TestKernel module in Core
already depends on a bunch of modules that sit in IO.

I originally argued for a flat list of all modules in a single directory
so that this kind of confusion would be avoided and path names would
be shorter.  Many people like the grouping though.

-Brad