[Insight-developers] FEM framework and Testing/Data

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 7 09:19:32 EDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 08:32 PM, Magnotta, Vincent A wrote:
> I would agree that FEM would seem to fit better in Numerics, its original home.
> However, SpatialObjects are in Core and the addition of a new SpatialObject to
> support the FE model required this change. It could be moved back, but
>  substantial changes would be required to SpatialObjects to support this.

Unlike the old monolithic toolkit layout the directory structure and grouping
is now independent of dependencies.  It doesn't matter where the FEM directory
sits.  It's itk-module.cmake file can still list the needed dependencies on
other modules which themselves are in arbitrary locations.  The top-level
CMakeLists.txt file computes the proper order in which to add_subdirectory
into each module based on the dependencies.

> I know the issue with the MetaIO, but I wanted a monolithic checkout for our
> changes to simplify testing across the platforms and feedback from anyone interested.

Great.  I just wanted to avoid surprises for you at the end ;)

-Brad