[Insight-developers] ITKModular: include file regression

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 12:56:52 EDT 2011

On 04/04/2011 12:42 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I'm updating Slicer4 to work with ITK Modular.
>
> This include fails:
> #include "vxl/vcl/vcl_complex.h"
>
> I had to change it to:
> #include "vcl_complex.h"
>
> Which means I need this code in Slicer4:
> #if ITK_VERSION_MAJOR < 4
> #include "vxl/vcl/vcl_complex.h"
> #else
> #include "vcl_complex.h"
> #endif
>

> I did not see a migration doc for this. Was this done purposely?

AFAIK we never intended that style of inclusion.  Just plain

 #include "vcl_complex.h"

should have always worked if one included ${ITK_USE_FILE} in CMake code
as documented.

We can't possibly anticipate every possible way that a header used to
be include-able just because of the way the directory structure happened
to be arranged.  One could have done

 #include "../Common/itkMacro.h"

before and it would have worked.  Now it won't.

-Brad