[Insight-developers] SimpleITK Community Survey Draft

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Thu Sep 16 13:27:40 EDT 2010

Gabe,

Background Questinos:

Question 1:
I'm not sure how Microscopy and Radiology differ from Medical Image Analysis

Question 3:
Generally having 3 (or any odd number) of levels is not the best design.
 Most users will automatically choose the center.  By choosing an even
number of levels you force them to commit one way or the other, even if it
is only marginal.

Question 4:
Rather than programming tools, these appear to be more visualization tools.

Question 6:
I would rephrase this as, "How comfortable are you with the process of
generating a program from a source distribution?"

Question 7:
I think 7 is a false choice ... you can have both.  I think what we want to
ask is more along the lines of:
How likely would you be to use ITK if it were distributed as:

                                      Very  likely | Likely  |  Somewhat
Likely | Would No Use

A ready to use package:
A source code distribution:

SimpleITK Questions
Q1 : Do you need to process very large images (larger than will typically
fit in your computer memory)?

Q5/Q6: I think these will miss the target audience.  How about:

Please rate the importance of having easy access to ITK functionality from
the following languages:

  Highly Important
                            Not important
   10                              9                           8
....                                        1
OpenCv

And then reverse it:

Please Rate the important of having easy access to the following languages
from ITK

For Q6, I think this will have meaning to only a limited set of people, but
I'm not aure how else to phrase it.

Q7 and Q8:

Make this a 4 or 10 block scale and put the trade offs on wither side of the
scale ... you may also want to explain why the trade-offs exist.

ITK Specific Questions:

Q3 is a good model for some of the importance/relative importance questions.
 If you were to add a column for "Should be removed" and change ambivalent
to "Might be useful" you could even get it to an even number of blocks,
although, for this case having ambivalent as the center selection kind of
makes sense.

- Wes

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.