[Insight-developers] ITKv4 : GDCM Failing Tests : Plan ?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 13:32:39 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu, Mark,
>

> Can we come up with a plan for fixing the
> tests that are failing in the Dashboard ?
>

> They have been failing since the update to GDCM 2.0.
>
> We need to fix them before we tag:
>
>                       ITKv4-Alpha-02
>
> And then we can move to update the TIFF library.

I'll will try my best to assist you, but as you know this is a little
difficult for me. To make the situation a little worse Mark is
currently on vacation.

Anyway on the bright side, the failing tests are related to a single
issue in openjeg. To reproduce create a fake -tiff- image with small
dimension:

$ tiffinfo /tmp/t.tif
TIFF Directory at offset 0x3008 (12296)
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 64 Image Length: 48
  Resolution: 72, 72 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
  Extra Samples: 1<assoc-alpha>
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 4
  Rows/Strip: 64
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  DocumentName: /tmp/t.tif

$ itkReviewTests5 itkJPEG2000ImageIOTest03 t.tif out.j2k

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0xfe6e20)
Location: "virtual void itk::JPEG2000ImageIO::Write(const void*)"
File: /home/mathieu/tmp/git/ITK/Code/Review/itkJPEG2000ImageIO.cxx
Line: 854

Program exited with code 01.

It fails deep down in j2k_encoding_validation.

We may need an openjpeg guru...

thx
--
Mathieu