[Insight-developers] nightly test errors using itkSampleBuildTest.cmake

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 9 15:16:04 EDT 2010

Hi Nadan,

Thanks for reporting this.

I managed to reproduce a similar situation.

The problem seems to be the result of mixing
different versions of CMake.

The script that you are using was configured by the
CMake that you used for your initial build of ITK.

If you try to run that script with a version of ctest
that belongs to a different version of CMake, then
the configuration of the new build gets entangled.

Please do the following:

1) Edit the file

                  itkSampleBuildTest.cmake

    that you copied somewhere outside of the
    ITK build tree.

2) Open the file and search for "ctest" and "cmake"
    I found the in lines { 39, 40, 45, 50 }.

3) Notice that these executables have a full path.
    Make sure that they all have a path consistent
    with the version of cmake that you want to use.

    (it may help you to do, in the command line:

           which      cmake
           which      ctest
           ctest     --version
           cmake  --version

Once you unify the location of the ctest and cmake
executables, the configuration should run smoothly.

    Please let us know if you find any problem.

         Thanks