[Insight-developers] converting a byu-based vtkPolyData to QuadEdgeMesh: SetCell() not successful...

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Tue Jun 22 16:12:55 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

svn co https://www.kitware.com/svn/KWPublic/trunk/KWScene KWScene

The example is contained in a VTK plugin in
Source/Generators/ParaView/vtkITKLaplaceBeltramiFilter.*

When this plugin loads into Paraview, if we input one of BYU files from the
JHU_ATLAS directory (which you can get by building KWScene with
USE_JHU_ATLAS_DATA turned ON), and selecting the LaplaceBeltramiFilter after
one has loaded KWSMenuBar from KWSceneBuild directory (make sure to build
with Shared_lib On) , the filter will crash as a result of not getting valid
return from GetCell() from the itk::QuadEdgeMesh.

That's where things stand right now. The SetCell views the mesh as non-QE,
the third case in
void QuadEdgeMesh< TPixel, VDimension, TTraits >
::SetCell( CellIdentifier cId, CellAutoPointer& cell ) .

I look forward interacting with you towards a solution.

Best wishes,

Michel

--
Michel Audette, Ph.D.