[Insight-developers] KWStyle -- "Template definition doesn't match regular expression" warning

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 11 10:15:03 EDT 2010

We're trying to re-format a bunch of the Iowa BRAINS code to conform to the
ITK Coding style, so I'm running KWStyle on it all.  I found the error
message in the subject line almost comically baffling.

What regular expression are template definitions supposed to match?  Even
when I looked at the source code, it doesn't actually use regcomp/regexec,
it has some ad hoc parsing code that doesn't readily reveal to the casual
reader what it is trying to match.

Not only that, but the error message is associated with this template
definition:

template <class TransformType, unsigned int ImageDimension>

which seems straightforward to me.