[Insight-developers] [ITK 0010205]: Recent changes to itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter.txx cause WrapITK failures

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Sat Jan 30 18:05:37 EST 2010

Luis,

Are all 4 template parameters completely independent of each other?  If so,
then I'll go in and revert the wrapping to do all permutations again.

Hans

On 1/30/10 3:30 PM, "Luis Ibanez" <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Hans,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out and for
adding the test case that
> illustrated the problem.

A fix has now been

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkB
> ayesianClassifierImageFilter.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.11&r2=1.12&sortby=date[^]

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkBayesianClas
> sifierImageFilter.h?root=Insight&r1=1.16&r2=1.17&sortby=date
[^]

The
> SetPriors() method was calling

               this->SetInput( 1, priors
> )

but the SetInput() method is defined in the superclass
(the
> ImageToImageFilter) as a method that takes an
InputImageType * as
> argument.

That was creating an incorrect entanglement between
the type of the
> Priors and the type of the input image.

That call has now been replaced
> with

   ProcessObject::SetNthInput( 1, priors)

which expects a DataObject *
> as argument.

---

BTW: This should also solve one of few
remaining build
> issues in the Dashboard,
that was illustrated in a wrapping build
in

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=526705

> Thanks

           Luis

itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter.txx cause WrapITK failures
To:
> luis.ibanez at kitware.com

The following issue has been
> ASSIGNED.
> ==
===========================
Reported By:
>  hans-johnson
Assigned To:
>  karthik
> =
Project:                    ITK
Issue ID:
> 10205
Category:
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:
> major
Date Submitted:             2010-01-29 16:42 EST
Last Modified:
>  2010-01-29 16:42
> EST
Sum
> mary:                    Recent changes
itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter.txx cause WrapITK
> failures
Karthik,

Your recent changes to
> itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter.h have exposed a
template dependancy that was
> causing compile time failures when using
WrapIT
K.  I've posted the compiler
> errors below, and committed code in the
testing directory that can be used to
> force the compile time error.

It looks like a type mis-match when floating
> point types are used.

I can make this fail in the
> itkBayesianClassifierImageFilterTest.cxx

#if 1
   {
   const unsigned int
> TestDimension = 2;
   typedef unsigned char  TestLabelType;
   typedef float
>        TestPosteriorType;

   //This is a failing test case!!!
   typedef
> float          TestPriorType;·
   typedef itk::VectorImage< double
> ,TestDimension >
TestInitialLabelImageType; //The element type MUST be the
> PriorType

   typedef itk::BayesianClassifierImageFilter<

>  TestInitialLabelImageType, TestLabelType, TestPosteriorType,
TestPriorType >
>   TestClassifierFilterType;

>  TestClassifierFilterType::Pointer
test=TestClassifierFilterType::New();

>  }
#endif

Hans

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field

>  Change

> Status                   new => assigned
> Assigned To               =>

karthik