[Insight-developers] AnalyzeIO large files and compression

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 20 16:54:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I was testing my fix for the following bug:
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=10135

When I noticed that I was unable to generate a compressed output file. And the coverage seems to indicate the same:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewCoverageFile.php?buildid=519292&fileid=10945147

I think I see the problem in the code:
if(!fileExt.compare( ".gz" )) should be ".img.gz"

There is also the Nifti which reads and writes the img format. Is one suppose to be better then the other? My test appears to work with writing the compressed writing code enables. Is there any history or related issues to this IO that I should know about before making these changes?

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for